Today’s guest is Marc Bernardin. If you are a blerd, you’d better put some respect on this man’s name! Marc has been a professional geek since before many of you were born. With a career that spans a couple of decades, Marc, is both an award-wining journalist and Hollywood scriptwriter. He worked for Entertainment Weekly for over a decade moving all the way up to senior editor. He has written for GQ, Wired, Details, Vulture, Playboy, and Empire. and is the former film editor for the Los Angeles Times and senior editor for The Hollywood Reporter. staff writer for Alphas (SYFY), Castle Rock (hulu), Treadstone (USA), and Carnival Row (Amazon Prime). He has written comic books for Marvel, DC Comics, and Top Cow. (He wrote one of my faves Genius.). In our chat he breaks down what goes on in the writer’s room, how he went from journalism to scriptwriting and back again, and why you should never give up.
- Castle Rock – https://hulu.tv/2Tp6kUK
- Fatman on Batman – http://bit.ly/2TBY4Q8
- Genius (Top Cow) – https://amzn.to/2ImC8mG
- ACE Comic-Con NorthEast – https://www.acecomiccon.com/
- Follow theblerdgurl on twitter – https://twitter.com/theblerdgurl
- Follow theblerdgurl on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/theblerdgurl/
- Check out theblerdgurl website – theblerdgurl.com