You know the drill: “The job I want requires experience, but how can I get any experience if I can’t get the job?” It starts with a foot in the door and that’s where the Netflix Emerging Talent Program comes in. The Program will provide an opportunity for participants to hone their craft with the mentorship of some of the Animation industries’ most talented artists. You’ll make connections, get the experience you need, and if all goes to plan, this may lead to a job offer on a Netflix production. Read on for a list of requirements to see if you can apply!
We’re happy to announce the launch of the Netflix Emerging Animation Talent Program in Story for Animation across Series and Features fo raudiences ages Kids and Family, Preschool to Adult.
What We are Looking For:
- Emerging artists from all backgrounds who have a passion for animation and who want to further hone their skills with the mentorship of Netflix Animation’s industry experts.
- Those with less than 3 years of professional animation industry experience.
- You must be over 18 years of age to participate.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship (both during and upon completion of the program).
- A college degree or advanced education is not a requirement.
- Links to your website or other social media that demonstrate your craft – don’t forget to include your password – for Storyboarding in animated film, series (kids or adult) or games.
- Storyboard examples from personal projects, story adaptations, or graphic novel excerpts in PDF (upload up to 3 samples – focus on quality not quantity).
- Keep in mind:
- Examples of storyboards should use the camera to propel the story forward or set a particular mood or style.
- Examples of storyboards should demonstrate your full understanding of the mechanics of storyboarding (continuity, axis, camera, and light source awareness, etc.)
- Examples of your storyboards that reflect your preferred genre.
STORY PROGRAM DATES:
- Portfolio Submission Deadline: March 15th, 2020
- Finalists Notified by May 2020*
- Start Date: June 2020*
- Program Duration: 4 months
- * Exact dates to be determined